Mixing It Up



In my last post, I talked about "resetting".  This week (so far), I came back full force and have been on point with my nutrition and exercise!   Yay for resetting!    

I want to share one struggle I had been having....the lack of var-eye-uh-tay of my diet.   Don't get me wrong - I love the food I am "choosing" to eat.    But I am not loving it over and over and over and over again.    I know when I reach my goal weight, I will be able to add more healthy variety into my nutrition.    But for the goals I have right now, I have to keep the train on the track....focused like a laser.....hittin the bulls eye.....you get the picture.

Maybe you're curious as to what my day looks like food wise.   It's pretty straightforward.    I eat 5 times a day.  For breakfast, I eat egg whites and fruit.  (don't hate....I can make you some egg whites that would knock your socks off)   Lunch and dinner I eat 4 ounces of lean protein and green veggies.   Then, I have two other meals in between (morning and afternoon) which are a balance of protein and fruit.    For one of my snacks, I eat a Lara Bar along with a protein shake.     More on Lara Bar addiction in another post :)     The great thing about my nutrition is I am almost never hungry!    Imagine that....I can fuel my body and these intense workouts with this amount of food!   Amazing :)    

However.

Sometimes.....despite the fantastic arsenal of dried spice varieties I have in my cupboard, one can get a little tired of grilled chicken.....just sayin.   So my goal recently has been to try and "mix it up" a bit, while staying within the boundaries that have been set out by my trainer.      

So here are a few of my mix-ups that I will share with you.

Before I do that, please note:   I am a photographer, and I own a very expensive camera, lighting equipment and other various photography related items.    And if I wasn't so hungry, I would take the time to set all that up and take professional shots of my food.    Thank goodness for my iPhone which is always handy and quite capable of capturing my culinary creations.

So here you go.



Up first is - in my humble opinion - one of the smartest things I have ever done in my whole entire life.     I married 1 tablespoon of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa with a 6oz container of 0% greek yogurt (I'm partial to Fage or Chobani), stevia and 3/4 cup blueberries.     I call this wonderful bowl of goodness Chocoberry Mousse.      


Next up is a little chicken-n-veg action.    Chicken, seasoned and sauteed (just a weeee splash of EVOO....don't need too much!) with mushrooms, onions and asparagus.


Lastly, Sautéed spinach + garlic, grilled chicken and a few spoon fulls of pico de gallo 



Would love to hear what your favorite clean & healthy recipes are....please feel free to share!  
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to follow along......

ps - I'm not saying that I'm the only person ever to think of cooking these things.....just saying that they are things I tried in an attempt to "mix it up".







Don't you know?

You don't tug on Superman's cape,
you don't spit into the wind,
you don't pull the mask
off that ol' Lone Ranger and you
don't mess around with Jim

-- Jim Croce, 1972


Popular Posts