Losing Weight, Gaining Insight



"Honestly evaluate why you make the choices you do 
and who or what is motivating you to choose. 
You may not always like the answer.....
but if you are ready, the evaluation can help bring positive change to your life."

~ quote by me, even though I'm sure alot of people 
have said this in one way or another 



In my last post, I talked about asking the "why" questions.     During my time on vacation, I've had some time to ask myself alot of why questions....when what I realllllly wanted to do was ignore the questions altogether and mindlessly go about doing what I've always done.    Hey, now there's some honesty for ya!

What I'm starting to realize is I can't do that anymore.    For many reasons....I've invested too much and worked to hard, others have taken their time to invest in me, I want to walk my talk, I want to be a good example to my daughter, I want to be healthy, I want to look good, I want to stop the cycle of insanity (doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result).      Mostly, I just know it's not right.

Here's some more honesty for ya....there was a time in the not so distant past where those things I just listed were not strong enough motivation for me to stop what I was doing.    Hard to admit and sad to say, I know - but it's the truth.    Ask any alcoholic why they keep drinking.....ask any drug addict why they keep drugging.     Maybe you get that and maybe you don't......I think if everyone was honest with themselves they could see character traits that have been near impossible to overcome.

Back to the why questions....as I mentioned, I was almost 2 weeks away on vacation visiting family in Texas.   My goal was to stay on "the plan" during my time away.   That meant cooking my own meals, going to the gym and doing the workouts assigned to me.  It also meant passing on alot of treats and indulgences that I would normally afford myself since I was on "vacation".    Normally coming home from vacation means mama's sittin' alot heavier than when she left, ya know?    So this vacation I was determined to come home the same or lighter.   I came back lighter in weight, but heavier with reflection....

I will share my "why" questions with you next time.   Thanks for reading....

k


Don't you know?

You don't tug on Superman's cape,
you don't spit into the wind,
you don't pull the mask
off that ol' Lone Ranger and you
don't mess around with Jim

-- Jim Croce, 1972


Popular Posts