Tested



As a group leader in a recovery ministry, I try to use my own life victories and mistakes to help others.   One way I share with my group is through weaving my own experiences into the lessons I'm presenting.   It's amazing how putting a life experience to material you are trying to teach gives more credibility to the material.    Instead of telling people what they should be doing, I do my best to walk it out and let my life be a testimony to what I believe in.  

Here's the thing about that.    When I share an experience from my life and how I got through it (or what I did in the midst of it) - I usually get TESTED on the very thing that I'm sharing with others!!    I believe strongly that as we put action to our faith, God will transform our life.   But sometimes our "action" needs a few trips around the mountain before the transformation can fully occur, ya know?     I think there are probably many reasons for this....but at the end of the day, it's a learning process.   And really.....how does a teacher know that his student has learned the material?   He gives the student a test.

Every time I post on this blog I am tested.    No joke.   Every topic I put out there, I run into that very situation not one or two days later.     Such is the case for my last post ("Preparation").     How super cool and smart of me to write that right before my big birthday weekend.    BAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!    Not only that, but my sweet husband has his birthday 2 days before mine.    And it was a holiday weekend.    All that to say, I had a little spill off the wagon.    Prepared?   Oh, I was so not.   Several times I did not have my food prepared and I used that as an excuse to enjoy something I wouldn't normally eat.    A few parties to celebrate, a few dinners out.    Preparation went out the window.     Now, I will defend myself and say that I didn't go super crazy - but my standards have risen quite a bit over the last year - so I'm calling a spade a spade.    Me....on the ground......wagon.....rolling down the hill.

So here's the deal.........what happens on Tuesday morning after a long weekend of celebrating Labor Day and the birth of 2 Amaro's?  

2 words.    EGG WHITES.


It's not how you fall, it's how you get up.
Get up right.

Another trip around the mountain, please....  :)


Writing this blog is pretty much putting my journey on display for others to see.   And I thought long and hard about that - but in the end, I decided that my journey may help or inspire someone else.   Or, it may show somebody that they aren't the only one who struggles in a certain way.  So here I am.....my victories and my failures are here for the taking.  

Thanks for reading...




Don't you know?

You don't tug on Superman's cape,
you don't spit into the wind,
you don't pull the mask
off that ol' Lone Ranger and you
don't mess around with Jim

-- Jim Croce, 1972


Popular Posts